2885 Lakeside Drive
Santa Clara, CA 95054
(408) 496-6400 Show Chairs: Schedule:
- 11am-6pm: Set-up and drop-off for carry-ins (volunteers only - but all are welcome to volunteer and help!)
- 8am-noon: Judging (judges and volunteers only)
- noon-2:30pm: Show room open to the public
- 4pm-6pm: Auction and Raffle (including the Breeder's Cup Fish!)
A video of each show fish* will be shown at the same time it's up for auction!!
*as long as they’ll pose while filming ;D
There will also be a cash table open from noon until the end. Items such as live foods, indian almond leaves, bettas, and more will be available at the cash table for immediate purchase.Entrant Information: Files: Judges: David Spector, Christine Tanner, and Martin Eric Show Mail In:
292 Duarte Ct.
Milpitas, CA 95035
- Note: Please do NOT label your shipping boxes as "Live Fish". We have had issues in the past with certain shipping companies holding boxes marked in this manner. Label them as “Water Samples” or “Liquid – Water” instead. (If you don’t mark them as water, they can also be held up!) Please send your fish through the United States Postal Service if at all possible. Note that sending through UPS or FedEx can result in mishandling and/or delay.
- Mail-in entries need to arrive no later than 5 PM Thursday, September 29 and NO EARLIER than Tuesday, September 27. Entries which arrive prior to Tuesday will be shipped back and will NOT be entered in the show.
- Please include in the box a copy of your completed entry form, even if you have pre-registered.
All walk-in entrants must either pick up fish after the show or provide an insulated shipping box, bags, shipping address, and return postage.Entry Fees: For IBC members, entry fees are $2 per single entry and $3 per pair, with a limit of 50 entries. For non-IBC members, the fees are $4 per single entry and $6 per pair, with a limit of 10 entries for non-members.
Make checks payable to "California Betta Society".Auction Fish: In addition to any show fish, entrants may also send Auction-Only fish. There is a maximum of no more than 15 auction-only fish per breeder. Unless marked on the entry form, auction fish have a minimum bid of $5.00.
Auction fish should include return postage - which will be refunded if unused. (You also have the option of donating any unsold fish to the club. We will make every effort to sell at auction, but we do not guarentee sales.)
Auction is for Bettas only (any species), aquarium plants, and food cultures. Dry goods (tanks, food, etc) are only accepted for walk-in (no mail ins). All auction and cash table fish MUST be pre-registered!Cash Table: The California Betta Society hosts a "Cash Table" as well as an auction. The Cash Table is open all hours of the show and people can take home items that they buy immediately. This option is there primarily for people who may not...